1. Immune Support One of the main reasons for getting an injection or IV Therapy for many is because it can really aid in supporting the immune system. Vitamin C, as we all know, is a main vitamin that can help us fight off those colds and keep our antibodies up and fighting to keep us well. You might have heard that drinking orange juice will give you the vitamin C that you need, but the truth is that most OJ's are loaded with sugar, and don’t actually contain enough of the vitamin to help you recover or fight off an oncoming sickness. I recommend getting an IV of vitamin C, which cuts viral and bacterial load so that you are faster to recover. A Myers Cocktail, which is a powerful mixture of magnesium, a b-complex, and vitamin c, also supports the immune system and replenishes missing nutrients.
2. Cancer Many cancer patients come to us at the center to receive IV therapy as they are going through or recovering from chemotherapy. Some even travel to Atlanta for IV therapy because it’s not available in every city. Recent studies have shown that high doses of vitamin C can actually kill cancer cells due to its role in collagen production and protection. Also, since cancer patients are usually deficient in vitamin C, the infusions can improve immune system function and enhance quality of life.
Another therapy we do for cancer patients is higher dosed glutathione injections. Glutathione helps protect the liver and kidneys, because of its powerful detoxification abilities.
This injection is okay to use with radiation and chemo, however, we always customize the injections and IV therapy for our cancer patients based upon what they are fighting and their current regimen.
3. Energy Who couldn’t use a boost of energy? While we all, especially women, run ourselves into the ground daily between work, home life, our children, and more, some patients are even more deficient in the vitamins that give us energy and keep us functioning. A few of the injections and IVs that I recommend to my patients who are suffering from brain fog, lack of energy, and lack of focus include methyl B-12, vitamin D, active B complex, and iron. I love recommending these injections for energy because they work so much more quickly than supplements taken orally, and the effects are often longer lasting.
4. Mood Mood ties in with energy, because let’s face it: if we’re tired and groggy, we probably won’t be in a good mood. Methyl B-12, which is a B vitamin that is already methylated, meaning it’s broken down and ready for our body to absorb, is great for people who have MTHFR or issues absorbing standard B-12.
Iron is also an important vitamin for our mood, as the fatigue, apathy, and mood change associated with the iron deficiency can often lead to depression. Iron deficiency appears more commonly in women than in men, especially women of childbearing age. So if you’re a woman between the ages of 20-35 and you’re having symptoms of mood swings and fatigue, check your iron levels and based upon your results, schedule an injection.
5. Detoxification As I mentioned above, glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that aids in detoxification and helps with methylation issues. It’s great for removing chemicals, metals, and reducing medication side effects from the body. If you’ve recently had to take an antibiotic, I recommend getting an IV of glutathione 3 days after you finish the antibiotic to help detox, along with taking your probiotic.
6. Travel Traveling is known to be taxing on our bodies. Whether your travel is for work or pleasure, stress often presents itself when preparing for a trip away from home. Couple that with being exposed to a new environment with new bacteria, not sleeping well because it’s not your bed, and often, poor food choices—you’ve just created a recipe for illness. Luckily, our Myers Cocktail is perfect to get before and/or after you travel. The vitamin C will up your immune system, amino acids improve brain fog and the b12 complex will give you extra energy and improve your mood. If you travel often, just make sure that you leave 7 days between IVs.
7. Pregnancy We all know, whether we’ve had kids or not, that pregnancy wreaks havoc on a woman’s body. Our stress levels are high, though it’s good stress in anxious anticipation of meeting our little one, and our bodies are depleted of essential nutrients. Myers Cocktails are great for both pre and post-delivery, as it’s a sort of one-stop-shop for everything you need.
For post-delivery, methyl B-12 and vitamin D are recommended the week after you deliver. Most women see a drop in their B-12 levels throughout pregnancy, with levels commonly dropping to 50 percent of pre-pregnancy values by the third trimester. The reason for this is that the volume of plasma in our blood increases by 40-50 percent while we’re pregnant, lowering the vitamin concentration. While this is normal and nothing to be alarmed about, it’s important that we restore these levels post-delivery by getting B-12 injections or IV therapy every 2 weeks, for 6 weeks.
8. Beauty Boost Remember, I always say beauty starts within…and I’m not just talking about personality! Glutathione, known as nature’s super antioxidant, also has powerful beauty effects. It’s essential to eliminating toxins from your body, keeping disease at bay, maintaining youth and sustaining wellness. It works internally to help replenish cells, leaving you with a youthful glow if you work to maintain your glutathione levels, which naturally drop as you age. I recommend low dosages of 600 mg every 4 weeks after 50 years old, and every 8 weeks after 40 years old. Vitamin C is another powerful antioxidant that will help clear toxins out of your body, to keep you looking and feeling young and fresh, while boosting your immune system at the same time. It’s a win-win!